Simulated Erk: Train Simulator episode 24 | Top Notch Chengdu Speed Challenge, Passenger
Welcome to Simulated Erk: Train Simulator episode 24. This episode can help answer a question which train drivers are often asked “How fast can your train go?”. This is a Simulated Erk version of Top Gear’s speed challenge where a variety of cars are driven around a track by the same period. This is the Top Notch Chengdu Speed Challenge.
To answer this question for Train Simulator 2017, Simulated Erk heads to China. The challenge area is between Chengdu & LongShen (60.85km, max track speed 350kph) on dedicated high speed track. Trains from episode 1 – 10 feature in this episode. They are driven the same way from Chengdu until they can’t go any faster.
- TGV (France, Episode 1): 350kph
- Coradia (Wales, Episode 2): 163kph
- Hamburg S1 (Germany, Episode 3): 101kph
- South London Electrostar (England, Episode 4): 159kph
- North London Capitalstar, (England, Episode 5): 159kph
- JNR 103 Series (Japan, Episode 6), 115kph
- OBB 4023 (Austria, Episode 7), 144kph
- CHR380D (China, Episode 8), 350kph
- BR101 DBAG & carriages (Swizterland, Austria, Germany – Episode 9): 230kph
- ALP-45DP & carriages (America, Episode 10): 125kph